Learn about How to Remove Credit Card from your Apple ID. You have added your credit card in the payment method of your Apple ID and now you want to remove it, but don’t know how to remove credit card from an Apple ID? Then this is the right place because in this article I will tell you about how to remove a credit card from Apple ID.
It’s not that difficult to remove it, the steps are quite simple and easy to follow. There are two different methods of removing a Credit Card connected with your Apple ID. Both of these methods are told in this article, while all other websites don’t tell about both of these methods. Now let’s get started with the full article present below.
And if you want to know how to change App Store’s country without credit card, then click on the above given linked text.
If you want to remove your credit card from the payment method of your Apple ID, then you first need to be logged in with that Apple ID on your iPhone, if you aren’t logged in then you first need to go and Log In first.
And the methods stated in this article are valid on all iPhones or iPads running the latest iOS version.
If you are using the same Apple ID for App Store and for iCloud on your iPhone, which the majority of the people use, then you can follow the first method. On the other hand, if you are using different Apple IDs for Icloud and App Store then you need to follow the second method which is particularly for the App Store payment method.
Now without wasting time let’s get started with the first method of removing the credit card or any other payment method from an apple id.
Remove Credit Card from Apple ID (Method:- 1)
This is the first and easier method which you can use to remove credit cards from your Apple ID. Images are included at the end of the steps, you can have a look at them if you find any difficulty in steps.
- Go to Settings of your iPhone.
- Tap on your Apple ID Name present at top of the screen.
- Select the “Payment & Shipping” option.
- Your Credit Card will appear, tap on the “Edit” option available at the top right side.
- A “-“ button will appear next to your credit card, tap on it and your credit card will be removed.
NOTE:- Use this method if you are using the same Apple ID in iCloud and App Store. If you are using different Apple IDs for App Store then you need to follow the second method.
Related:- How to turn off iCloud backup on iOS 13
If you have any doubts then you can see the image above categorized according to steps. This was the first method that is easier and is not told by the majority of the websites.
Now if you want to know another method as well then stay tuned, otherwise, go and follow the above-told steps.
Steps to Remove Credit Card from Apple ID (Method:- 2)
This is the second and most common method used to remove the credit card connected with your Apple ID. Images are included with each step to assist you.
1. Go to Settings of your iPhone.
2. Scroll Down and click on the “iTunes & App Store” option.
3. Now tap on your apple id which will be blue-colored and present at the top.
4. A pop-up will appear, select “View Apple ID” option from it.
5. Some new options will appear now, select “Manage Payments” from it.
6. Your credit card will now appear, tap on the “Edit” button available at the top right side.
7. A “-“ option will appear next to your credit card, click on it.
8. Now “Remove” your card by clicking on the “remove” option.
That’s all, this was the second method which is commonly used to remove the credit card or to change the payment method of an Apple ID.
If you have any doubts regarding the above-told methods then you can tell us by commenting them in the comment box below.
And keep using our site to know about more How-To iOS guides like this one.
You might like to know:-
- How to send an image as a document in Whatsapp (iPhone)
- Best Apple Arcade games to play
- How to lock WhatsApp in iPhone with touch ID
- How to use Safari in incognito mode
Don’t Forget to Share this on Social Media!