Learn How to Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Without Computer (Using Chimera and Unc0ver). A new jailbreak for iOS 12.4 had been released, which is the latest iOS version available. It is surprising to see that this jailbreak can be installed in iOS 12.4 without a computer. As before only on iOS 12 was the version on which iOS 12 Jailbreak Download was available.
To know about how to jailbreak iOS 12.4 without a computer, go through the whole article told below. Along with the steps to jailbreak iOS 12.4, common problems which you may face during this jailbreak are also mentioned at the end of this article.
Anyone can’t believe that the latest iOS version can be jailbreak even without the need of a computer. Developers had done a great job to make this happen. “Uncover Jailbreak” team had developed this jailbreak. And a new jailbreak team “Chimera” developer a new jailbreak for iOS 12.4 as well. In chimera, you will get Sileo instead Cydia, as Sileo is an upgraded version of Cydia. And in this article, I will tell you both ways with Chimera and Uncover.
What you need to do is just to download the Uncover’s latest version in iOS 12.4 device or Chimera’s and then just tap on the jailbreak button. In this way, your iOS device running iOS 12.4 will be jailbroken.
Although there are some problems which you might face while jailbreaking your iOS 12.4 devices, solutions of them are told at the end of the article only for you.
Before having a look at the steps to jailbreak iOS 12.4 without the computer, you should have a look at the compatible iOS devices for this jailbreak.
iOS 12.4 Jailbreak Supports:-
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6, 6 plus
- iPhone 6s, 6s plus
- iPhone 7, 7 plus
- iPhone 8, 8 plus
- iPhone X
All the above-mentioned devices support this jailbreak and if you are having an iPhone Xs or Xs max then this jailbreak is not compatible with these devices.
Now without wasting time let’s have a look at the first method of jailbreaking iOS 12.4 without a computer and by using Uncover.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 12.4 without a computer (Uncover):-
Below are the steps which you need to follow if you want to jailbreak your iOS 12.4 devices without the need of a computer. And before jailbreaking I recommend you to keep a backup of your iOS device either in iTunes or in iCloud.
1. First of all, you need to download Uncover. To download it you have to download an app named “Tweakbox”. Go to:- https://www.tweakboxapp.com
2. Using the link above you will go to a webpage where an “install” button will be available, tap on that button and “Allow” the permission it will ask in a pop-up window.
3. After closing that pop up go to Settings of your iPhone and you will see a new option named “Profile Downloaded” above all other options, tap on it.
4. And at the top right corner you will see an install option, keep tapping on it and “Tweakbox” will be installed.
5. Now open up tweakbox, and select the “Apps” category from the top bar.
6. Then click on “Tweakbox apps” option. And you will see a list of different apps there which are not available on the app store.
7. You will see a search bar present at top of the screen, tap on it and just search “Un”.
8. In the search results, you will see “Uncover Jailbreak”, tap on it and then install it in your iOS device.
9. When Uncover Jailbreak will be downloaded then you might not be able to open it up in your iOS 12 device, before opening it up you will need to trust the app developer on your iOS 12 device. To do so go to Settings > General > Profiles and then trust the app developer.
10. Now open up the Uncover Jailbreak and tap on the “Jailbreak” button.
NOTE:- You might need to try 2-3 times to jailbreak using Uncover. For more information about such problems look at the end of this article, solutions are told there.
Now you know about jailbreaking iOS 12.4 without a computer and with Uncover. But if you still are curious to know another method of doing so with Chimera. Then have a look at the step by step guide as described below.
Jailbreak iOS 12.4 without a computer (using Chimera):-
Below are the steps in which we will use “Chimera Jailbreak” (an alternative to the Uncover Jailbreak) to jailbreak our iOS device running on iOS 12.4.
NOTE:- You need to follow the first 4 steps told in the above method in which way of installing “Tweakbox” is told which is needed in this method as well. So, first, follow four steps told above and then follow the following one.
1. After downloading “Tweakbox”, using the first 4 steps told above, open it up.
2. Select the “Apps” category in tweakbox from the topmost bar.
3. Now you will see several options one of them will be “Tweakbox Apps”, click on that option.
4. A list of different apps will appear in front of you which are not available on App Store. You just need to tap on the search bar and search “Chimera”.
5. In the search results, you will see “Chimera” jailbreak available for install. Tap on it to install.
6. When Chimera will be downloaded then you can’t open it up by just clicking on it. Before opening it up you need to trust the app developer on your iOS device. For this Go to Settings > General > Profiles and then trust the app developer.
7. Now open up the Chimera and you will see a “Jailbreak” button in the middle of the screen. Use that button to jailbreak your iOS device.
NOTE:- It is not sure that in the first attempt your device will be jailbroken. You may need to click on “Jailbreak” button 2-3 times. For knowing more issues related to this and their solutions have a look at the problems and solutions stated just below.
Related:- Phoenix jailbreak tool iOS 9 download
Now you know about 2 different ways of jailbreaking an iOS 12.4 device without a computer. But there are some problems which you might face during the jailbreak. Solutions to such problems are described below.
While jailbreaking iOS 12.4 you might face:-
- iOS device is Restarting but Cydia is not appearing:- This is the first issue which you will face. It is common and usual that when you click on jailbreak button your device start restarting. But Cydia is supposed to appear after the restart. In case Cydia is not appearing then keep on trying about 3-4 times and Cydia will appear and your iOS device will be jailbroken. And in Chimera Jailbreak you will get a new version of Cydia which is “Sileo” and works well like Cydia.
- iOS device turned OFF and not opening. This is a rare case and in such case, you need to connect your iOS device to your computer with a USB cable. And the computer must have iTunes installed in it. Your iOS device will get turned on automatically without the need of any other step.
- It is not a problem but a suggestion to keep a backup of your iOS device’s data in iTunes installed in the computer or on iCloud. Because while jailbreaking it is not sure that your iOS device’s data is safe. I am not telling it will be leaked but it may get erased. So, be aware to keep a backup of your data.
If you have some doubts regarding the steps stated n this article then you can have a look at the full detailed video linked below.
Video:- Jailbreak iOS 12.4
All the above-mentioned problems are one of the common problems which people usually face while jailbreaking their iOS devices. But if you are facing a problem different from the above mentioned then comment them in the comment box below.
And keep using our site to know about more How-To guides like this one.
You might like to know about:-
- Download iOS 13 Developer Beta 7 without Developer account
- Filzaescaped download iOS 12
- Torngat for iOS 12 download
- How to download iOS 13 without a computer
Don’t Forget to Share this on Social Media!