Learn How to Send image as a document in Whatsapp (iPhone). Whatsapp is one of the most popular chatting platforms where you can share images and videos as well with your friends. It’s been a long time when Whatsapp was first launched, but still, the images you sent are being compressed by it automatically. If you have an iPhone then you might want the receiver to see every single detail of the photo.
But after the compression, the picture sent via Whatsapp loses its details. And we also know that how an iPhone can catch every detail with its camera. You are here because you heard that if images are sent in document format then the quality is not lost at all. And you don’t know how to convert an image into a document on an iPhone and then send it through Whatsapp? Right! So, go through the whole article below to know more about it in detail.
If you are a new iPhone user or just don’t use iPhone that much then you might don’t know how to send an image in document format through Whatsapp. It is not that difficult once you got familiar with the steps.
And in this article, I will tell you each step in detail about converting and sending an image in document format on an iPhone through Whatsapp.
You may have gone through different websites on the internet claiming to tell you the tutorial about sending Whatsapp images in a document on the iPhone, but they all are quite old. But the tutorial or step-by-step guide told here is working on the latest iOS version.
You also don’t need to download any other app, you need to just follow the following steps in which not other than inbuilt iOS apps are being used.
Now without wasting time let’s have a look at the steps to send images on WhatsApp in document format on iPhone as told below.
How to send images in document format in Whatsapp (iPhone)
Below are the steps in which I have first told how to convert an image into a document on iPhone and then how to send that document image file through WhatsApp on an iPhone. Images are included with each step which will assist you in understanding these steps.
1. Open up the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the “Select” button present at the top right corner.
3. Select the images you want to send as a document in Whatsapp.
4. Click on the “Share Symbol” present at the bottom left corner.
5. Scroll down and you will find the “Save To Files” option, select that option.
6. Select “iCloud Drive”, and then “Downloads” option, if you don’t find “Downloads” then select “On My iPhone” and “Downloads” option will be available under it. (You can select any other folder as well which will appear if you have downloaded any app which supports that).
7. Click on the “Save” option appearing at the top right corner.
8. Now open Whatsapp on your iPhone, select the person you want to send that image in file format.
9. Tap on the “+” button present just before the texting bar.
10. Here, you need to select the “Document” option instead of the images option.
11. Now again you will see a new window where an option “iCloud Drive” will be available, tap on it and then select “Downloads”.
12. You will see images you have first saved to files, select those images and tap on the “Send” option available at the top right corner.
13. Your images will be sent in the document format.
NOTE:- If you don’t see the “Downloads” option under “iCloud Drive”, then it might be available in the “On My iPhone” option.
Also Read:- How to hide notifications from lock screen (iPhone)
It’s that simple and easy to send images as documents on WhatsApp iPhone. If you have any questions in your mind regarding the above steps then you can ask us by commenting them in the comment box below.
And keep using our site to know about more How-To iOS guides like this one.
You might like to know:-
- How to change audio settings on Netflix
- How to turn off vibration on iPhone (iOS 13)
- How to change the App Store’s country Without Credit Card
- How to turn off the true tone on iPhone (iOS 13)
Don’t forget to share this on Social Media!